Dept. of Friday
Friday, 25 September 2026 08:35 pmUnclench My Jaw
Bob often looks at me when I'm irritable about something, or worried about it, or both, and very gently says "Relax your jaw." It's good advice. I mean, I don't really clench my jaw, at least not noticeably. Mentally, however, my jaw is often so tightly clenched that I'm amazed my head doesn't break apart in little shards and pieces. So I try to keep his advice in mind.
Huh. I just realized that my physical jaw is actually quite tightly clenched. Bad Kathy - unclench your damn jaw!
Seriously, I am dour, pessimistic, and prone to rage. While the latter has diminished noticeably thanks to a very effective prescription, I don't expect that I'll ever be blessed with Buddha-like calm.
Still, if I can remember to unclench my jaw on a daily basis, I might be able to save my molars and my mental health. Heh.
Bob often looks at me when I'm irritable about something, or worried about it, or both, and very gently says "Relax your jaw." It's good advice. I mean, I don't really clench my jaw, at least not noticeably. Mentally, however, my jaw is often so tightly clenched that I'm amazed my head doesn't break apart in little shards and pieces. So I try to keep his advice in mind.
Huh. I just realized that my physical jaw is actually quite tightly clenched. Bad Kathy - unclench your damn jaw!
Seriously, I am dour, pessimistic, and prone to rage. While the latter has diminished noticeably thanks to a very effective prescription, I don't expect that I'll ever be blessed with Buddha-like calm.
Still, if I can remember to unclench my jaw on a daily basis, I might be able to save my molars and my mental health. Heh.
no subject
Date: Saturday, 26 September 2026 04:33 am (UTC)no subject
Date: Saturday, 26 September 2026 09:45 am (UTC)Why are humans not better equipped from the get got to handle stress is a question...